Juicing has taken the world by storm, and for good reason! It is a well known fact that juices and smoothies provide a super-serving of fruits and vegetables in the most delicious way possible. Even kids, infamous for turning their noses up at healthy food, love freshly-made juices and smoothies (even if you sneak some spinach in them!)
But who knew just how many benefits these delicious beverages bring to the table? Check out these 9 reasons why you need more juices and smoothies in your life:
1. Enzymes: Juices and smoothies are made with raw ingredients, meaning that they retain most of the enzymes that are destroyed through cooking. These enzymes assist the body in just about every important aspect of life, including breaking down difficult-to-digest protein and sugars like gluten, casein, and lactose.
2. Variety of fruits and vegetables: When you make juices and smoothies, you include more fruits and vegetables than you would normally have in a cooked meal.
3. More nutrients: Juices and smoothies are made with raw fruits and vegetables so they contain 100% of the nutrients. Cooking destroys most of the nutrients. Also, making a glass of juice can give you the nutrients from about 2 lbs of fruits and veggies!
4. Easy and better digestion: Juicing eliminates the pulp, so it is much easier to digest and turn quickly into energy. The sugar in fruits is already simple, so no further breakdown is required. Smoothies are also great because they have both soluble and insoluble fiber, which your body needs to efficiently move foods through the digestive tract and out of the body. Because of the added fiber, smoothies are great at providing long lasting energy and nourishment.
5. Time saving: Making a juice or smoothie (or visiting Nekter!) is much faster than cooking a meal.
6. Kids love smoothies: Because they taste great, smoothies are an amazing way to encourage your children to consume more raw fruits and vegetables.
7. Weight Loss: Fresh juices and smoothies are an all-natural way to satisfy your sweet tooth while also nourishing your body with loads of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
8. Beautiful skin. Most of the vitamins and minerals that your skin, hair, and nails crave are readily found in juices and smoothies.
9. Disease prevention: Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants and other phytochemicals that protect against aging, cancers and many types of diseases.
So many health benefits! Who would have thought that something so tasty could also be so good for you?
No time to make your own juices and smoothies or don’t have a blender? Don’t worry! Visit a Nekter Juice Bar near you. We have produce delivered fresh daily, and have a large selection of cold pressed juices, freshly made juices, smoothies, and acai bowls. Tell us what flavor you are looking for, or what health benefits you are trying to achieve, and we’ll be glad to help!